Saturday, October 31, 2009

$24 in Cleaning Supplies and All I Paid was Tax!



I know it has been awhile since I’ve posted any of my personal savings stories, but I was having some problems uploading my own photos to the blog. I think I finally got that fixed.

This evening I went to Publix to take advantage of some coupons that were expiring after today. I wanted to combine them with rain checks that I had gotten previously to maximize my savings.

I had a rain check good for 2 free Publix brand disinfectant wipes ($2.39/ea) when I bought 2 Clorox brand wipes ($2.99/ea). I combined that with one manufacturer’s coupon for a free Clorox wipes (this was a freebie that I posted some time ago), one .50¢ off manufacturer’s coupon that Publix doubled, and two Publix coupons for $1.00 off each. My total cost before taxes was -.01¢.

I also had a rain check for BOGO Free Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner. I bought four at 3.29 each. The Scrubbing Bubbles had peelies that were good for $2.00 off when you purchased two products, and I had three $1.00 off Publix coupons. Publix only gave me credit for $2.58. My total on the Scrubbing Bubbles before taxes was $0.

I walked out of Publix with $23.92 in cleaning products, and I only paid .87¢ in taxes for them!

No comments: