Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Savings Are Still Out There!

It's been a while since I posted a blog entry; about 6 months to be exact. Due to a combination of no internet and a full college course load, I wasn't able to do much bargain shopping or blogging. Fortunately I had stockpiled when I was bargain shopping, and was able to keep myself, my roommate, my youngest son, and his girlfriend in toiletries and personal care items without being forced to buy supplies at regular (aka full) price.

With no summer classes, and my own internet, I am able to get back into the swing of super savings and refilling my dwindling supplies. I have been watching the sale fliers and collecting coupons for a few weeks now, and I've noticed that there seems to be less coupons and bargains now than there was 6 months ago. However, there are still some good bargains out there if you keep your eyes open and your coupons handy.

Just today I purchased 5 bottles each of Fructis shampoo and conditioner for $1.07 each, and that was without a coupon! I was picking up some other things at Rite Aid when I noticed the 75% off clearance price tag on some of the Fructis products (in this case, the Shine Burst line) - a much better deal than the $2.99 sale price that all of the other Fructis hair products were advertised at. While I was there, I also got:
  • (2) Boxes Purex Laundry Deterget (44 loads/ea) - $5.29
  • Sauve Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant Spray - (-.01)
  • Renuzit Pearl Scents - .74
  • Crest Pro-Health (4.2 oz) - (-.50)
  • Oral B Advantage Floss Pciks (90 ct) - $1.24
  • (2) Real Solutions Moisture Recover Leave-In Conditioner - $2.98
When I add this together with the items that I picked up yesterday:
  • John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner (w/ free 2 oz straightening balm) - $2.99
  • John Frieda Volumizing Mousse - $3.99
  • Colgate Plus Touthbrushes (2 pk) - .88
I purchased a total of $98.79 worth of merchandise for just $19.30!!! That's a $79.49 savings, or almost 80%, on things that I need and use. No, I don't need these things today, but these are items that won't go bad if they sit on my shelf for a few months, so I can afford to stockpile them while I can get them so inexpensively.

And I can use all the extra $$$ that I saved towards something I really want...

No comments: