Monday, July 13, 2009

Now What?

I completed a much needed reorganizing and inventorying of my supply of toiletries, cleaners, and personal care items. When I got done I was both pleased and disappointed.

I was pleased because I have rebuilt my dwindling inventory in about 6 weeks.

I was disappointed because I have replenished my inventory to the point that I don't need to buy anything else for most of the next year.

I now have enough of a supply to keep me and 2 other people* in shampoo, toothpaste and toothbrushes, deodorant, mouthwash, razors, etc., etc. for most of a year without having to buy anything else. Everything was free or almost free. (The most expensive items were three hair care products that I paid approximately $1 apiece for.)

For me, bargain shopping and (legally) getting store merchandise for free is fun. It's a game, a hobby, an interesting diversion from the doldrums of everyday life. But continuing to collect stuff at this point would just be greedy, and perhaps bordering on excessive.

I guess I'm going to have to find another outlet for my bargain shopping ways...

Does anyone want to hire a personal shopper?

*I was keeping myself and four other people who were having financial difficulties in toiletries. Two of those people have since learned from me how to buy for almost free and are now providing for their own needs.

No comments: