Saturday, August 8, 2009

Contact Solutions and Tampons - $1.49


I went to Rite Aid this afternoon to pick up a couple of things. Specifically, contact solution and tampons. Both are on special this week.

The twin pack 8-oz bottles of Renu multi-purpose solution is $9.99 (reg. $10.99) with a $9.99 "freebate". With my $1.00 off coupon I am making a small profit on this purchase.

The 36-40 cnt box of Tampax Pearl is $6.99 (reg. $8.49). This purchase qualifies for a $3.00 rebate which makes the net cost $3.99. The $1.50 coupon that I got with a sample last month reduces my net cost even further to just $2.49. (A significant savings on its own!)

The total net cost of both purchases works out to a mere $1.49.

And I don't have to worry about missing out on the rebate deadline. I simply logged in to the Rite Aid website when I got home and entered my receipt information. If I forget to submit the rebates at the end of the qualifying period, the system will automatically do it for me before the end of the filing deadline. Two to three weeks later...there's a check in my mailbox.

Saving money doesn't get any easier!

No comments: