Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Publix Savings of 83% Yesterday


I managed to get to Publix yesterday afternoon for a little grocery shopping before the special’s changed. I was really excited about the General Mills/Nature Valley special and $4 off store coupon that was in the sale flier. I had a bunch of $1.00 and $1.60 off coupons for Nature Valley Nut Clusters, and I had been waiting for a good sale to use them. With the combination of the store coupon and my manufacturer’s coupons, I paid just $1.20 for 16 bags of Nut Clusters! Talk about a deal and a great travel snack for my on-the-go lifestyle. At less than .08¢ a bag, I’ll have a healthy snack alternative for a few months!

The disadvantage to going to Publix on the last day of the sale is that they are frequently out of some of the specials, and yesterday was no exception. The great thing about Publix, though, is that they will give you rain checks for anything that they are out of – and the rain checks do not expire!

I was able to get most of the items that I went for yesterday. I ended up spending $21.62 out-of-pocket for $127.75 worth of groceries. That is a savings of $106.13 or 83%. It was definitely a successful shopping trip.


My purchases included:
(15) Nature Valley Nut Clusters
(1) Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Granola Bars
(4) Mueller’s Whole Wheat Pasta
(4) Uncle Ben’s Country Inn Rice
(3) Near East Couscous
(1) Near East Taboule
(2) Shedd’s Spread County Crock Margarine

(1) Breakstone Sour Cream
(2) Plum Tomato’s
(1) Fresh Express Salad (Bag)
(2) Breyer’s Ice Cream
(1) Baby Carrots (1-lb bag)
(2) Ricola Cough Drops
(1) Sliced Baby Portabella Mushrooms
(2) Jimmy Dean Breakfast Entrees
(2) Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls
(2) All Small & Mighty Laundry Detergent (bonus size)
(3) Glass Plus
(1) Vigo Calamata Olives

My total savings included $68.83 in coupons and $37.30 in advertised specials.

No comments: