Saturday, September 5, 2009

I got my Schwan's - FINALLY!

After several emails to Schwan’s, the scheduling of two different delivery dates that they didn’t make, and the promise of contact from a customer service representative that also didn’t come to fruition, I did finally receive my Schwan’s “$10 Free” order of six-cheese tortellini.

But even that did not happen without incident!

The bag of tortellini that the delivery man brought me had a hole in it, and he did not have another bag on his truck. The “Schwan Man” told me that I could either take the bag with the hole in it, or I could wait for two more weeks to get a bag without a hole in it. Since it had taken almost a month to even get a delivery, I decided I had better take what was available lest I not get anything at all.

Frankly I am disappointed in my overall experience with Schwan’s. This is not the same Schwan’s that I remember from years gone by. I sincerely hope that my experience with Schwan’s was a fluke, and that all of you, my dear readers, received your order without incident.

Perhaps in the future I may decide to give Schwan’s another chance, but for now I will continue to buy my groceries the “old-fashioned way” – at the grocery store.

1 comment:

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

I had difficulty getting my order only because the delivery guy apparently couldn't find my place -- he kept going to a 101 Lake Place whereas my address is 101 Lake Drive. The ice cream sandwiches were tasty, but not tasty enough to justify spending $10 bucks for 6. Still, the experience wasn't all bad (I almost wrote a blog post out of it) and I appreciate you giving me the heads up on this, Val.