Saturday, September 5, 2009

Walgreens Has Revised Their Coupon Policy

I have previously expressed how much I hate shopping at Walgreens, but they had a good price on 5 lb. bags of Domino’s sugar this week, so I decided to go there. Besides, I still had a Walgreens gift card that I had received on some rebates about a year ago that I really needed to use.

The reason that I had quit shopping a Walgreens was because it was next to impossible to use coupons there. They had ridiculous restrictions such as: you could not use a manufacturer’s coupon for an item and still receive Register Rewards for that purchase, or you could not stack a store coupon with a manufacturer’s coupon. Of course, this information spread quickly, and in general, they became rather unpopular among the devoted coupon users.

Nevertheless, I decided to try Walgreens again today, and it appears that they have changed their coupon policy. I am very pleased to report that I was able to both use coupons and receive Register Rewards, and use store coupons with manufacturer’s coupons on the same purchase.

The items in my basket included:

(2) 5 lb. bags Domino sugar
$6.38 - $1.40 (store Qs) - .70¢ (man. Qs) = $4.28
(1) TheraFlu Cough & Cold
$4.99 – $2.00 (man Q) - $3.00 (RR) = .01¢ PROFIT
(1) Carefree Panty Liners
$1.99 - .50¢ (man Q) - $2.00 (RR) = .51¢ PROFIT
(1) Rembrandt Toothpaste
$5.00 - $5.00 (RR) = FREE
(1) Colgate 360°
$2.99 - $3.00 (RR) = .01¢ PROFIT
(2) Velvetta Shells & Cheese Cups
$2.58 - .80¢ (store Q) - .89¢ (man Q) - $1.00 (RR) = .11¢ PROFIT

The total net cost for my trip to Walgreens was $3.64.

Based on the information printed on the receipt, the merchandise that I purchased today would have regularly cost $25.03. That adds up to an 85.5% savings.

Walgreens, you are back on my regular shopping list!

No comments: