Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Target Shopping Trip - 9/12

I did a quickie, last minute Target shop last night. My total was more than I had estimated in my head, but after going through the receipt I discovered that my math was bad. (No surprises there!)

Target had Glade Scented Oil Candle Tins on sale for $1.66, and I had eleven $1.50 off coupons. I also had three coupons for the full price off of a box of refills when you purchased a tin. I picked up three of the bonus size packages with four refill candles instead of the packages with three refills. In the end, I paid $1.76 for $25.76 worth of candles. (Please note that $25.76 is at the sale price. I did not notice what the regular price is.)

I found two different kinds of BIC pens priced at $1.00 per pack. I used a $1 off 2 packages from the August 9th SmartSource insert, and stacked them with a $1 off 2 packages Target coupon to get two packs of pens for free. They also had packages of BIC mechanical pencils for $1.24 each. I bought two packages, and after using a second set of the same combination of coupons, I paid .24¢ per pack. All four packages totaled .48 out of pocket.

I also bought:

Two Head and Shoulders Shampoo (travel size)--$1.02/ea
Used two $1/1coupons from the 8/2 Proctor & Gamble insert
.04¢ after coupon

Rimmel Mascara--$2.59
Used $2/1 from the 8/23 RedPlum insert
.59¢ after coupon

Three Skintimate Shaving Gel--$1.47/ea
Used three $1/1 coupons
.47¢/ea after coupon

NYC Nail Color--$1.77
Used one $1.00 off any purchase $1.72 or more from September All You magazine
.72¢ after coupon

Otega Taco Sauce--$1.25
I didn’t have a coupon for this, but it was a large bottle on clearance. I love this taco sauce, and I have a hard time finding it.

I also tried to buy two Tide detergents (travel size) at $1.04/ea using two $1/1 coupons from the 8/2 Proctor & Gamble insert, and two Clean ‘n Clear Morning Burst at .99¢/ea using two $1/1 coupons, but was told that I could not use coupons because they were travel sized. I have contacted Target Corporate to let them know that my local Target is not adhering to the corporate coupon policy.

The final tally was:
•Value of merchandise – $59.65
•Less value left on Target card (bonus from last shopping trip) - $1.90
•Less coupons - $50.20
•Total Out-of-Pocket - $7.55

No comments: