Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"All You" is Worth the Cost of the Magazine

I bought my first copy of All You magazine the other evening. I had heard from several people that All You had a lot of great coupons - many of them better than I was getting through the Sunday inserts or online printables - so I decided to check it out for myself.


The first thing I noticed was that the magazine was quite affordable; I believe I paid $2.25 at Walmart. The second thing I saw was that the articles were very practical and applicable to real people. And finally, the reason I had bought the magazine in the first place, it contained over $83 in coupons, and some of them were quite good!

The subscription card in the magazine did not provide a price for a subscription. However, Amazon sells a one year subscription (12 issues) for $19.95 - that's $1.66 per issue. They described the features of All You as containing :

  • Coupons: All You features coupons in each issue; many are high-value and exclusive to the magazine.
    Live Well for Less: An inviting two-page, front-of-the-book section offers practical, actionable ideas for saving money.
  • Dress for Real Life: All You features clothing from stores where women really shop at price points they can afford, showcasing many different body types, and often features real women in our fashion stories.
  • Your Health: Providing smart cures and simple ways to boost wellness.
  • We Made it Work: Inspiring first-person stories of women who have overcome challenges in their lives. Recent features have included how four women fought their way out of debt and joblessness, three adoptees searching for their birth families and others bravely beating cancer.
  • Solve Your Family’s Eating Challenges: In each issue an All You nutrition expert solves one family’s eating challenge, offering essential tips and advice on how they can live healthier lives.
  • Reality Checkers: All You is focused on reflecting our reader and her real life in everything we do. A key element to this is its ongoing dialogue with a highly engaged group of over 20,000 readers, the All You “Reality Checkers.” Their tips and photos are featured in every issue, ensuring that all content is “Reality Checked.”
  • Real Family Food: Five easy meals that can be prepared that respect both the reader’s time and budget with cost per serving, prep and cook times included.
  • Feature Articles: Money-saving solutions, low-cost beauty ideas, simple fitness plans, practical home tips and more.


I definitely plan to order a subscription of All You from Amazon right away. I will deduct the cost from my grocery budget because of all of the coupons that it contains, and the amount of money it will save on my grocery bills.

I feel confident enough that I am going to recoup the cost of the subscription in coupon savings within the first month coupon that I am comfortable enough to recommend the magazine to all of my readers.

Please note that I am NOT being compensated in any manner by All You or Amazon for this recommendation. This posting is my honest opinion.

No comments: